- MAKE : FIRECLOUD CYCLES
- MODEL NUMBER: 04544
- BOTTOM OR TOP PULL (BOTTOM PULL IS WHERE THE CABLE COMES FROM UNDERNEATH)
- BAND SIZE: 28.6mm, 31.8mm OR 34.9mm
- COLOUR: SILVER AND CHROME
- INCLUDES CLAMP BOLT
- SUITABLE OF DOUBLE OR TRIPLE CHAINSETS
- SUITABLE FOR ANY SPEED AT THE REAR (MOST VERSATILE GEAR MECHS WITH COGS)
How to measure a front dérailleur
- There are 2 key measurements to get right. First you will need check the diameter of the seat tube where the derailluer will clamp on to. There are only 3 sizes, 28.6mm, 31.8mm and 34.9mm. All seat tubes should be the same size or slightly bigger so the derailleur can clamp to this and hold strong.
- The second is the cable pull direction. If your cable routes from underneath the frame to the gear shifter then this would be a bottom pull. If you cable goes straight up then this would be top pull.
- Some brands might specify their derailleurs are only suitable for certain speeds at the back like 8 speed compatible but all front derallieurs are suitable for any speed at the rear.
- All our derailleurs are suitable for triple or double chain set so you will not need to worry about this specification.